Saturday, October 04, 2008

My brain mri and crazy week

I just wanted to share a little bit about this past week and thank everyone who prayed for me.

About 3 weeks ago I started noticing a numb spot on my lip. After about a week it started to spread over my whole upper lip and seemed to even go above my lip. Then last weekend my left arm started to tingle.

On Monday of this week I was getting ready in the morning and noticed my left side seeming clumsy and a little weak. I could still use them, but it felt different and weird. I went to the ER and they did a ct scan, ekg, and blood work. Travis and I were there for 8 hours. My friend Matt who works as an ER doc in Kansas City said we could have flown there and seen him in the same amount of time :). Everything came back normal. They suggested I follow up the next day with my doctor and schedule an mri to rule out anything serious. I did not sleep on Monday night with fear of the unknown.

On Tuesday morning I called my mom to come help me with the kids as I felt like I was losing my mind. I went to my doctor and he wanted me to schedule an mri to check for multiple sclerosis. We decided that we weren't going to be quiet about it. We started asking people to pray for me and I felt more loved than I ever have by my church family around the world. Again, I had trouble eating and sleeping Tuesday night with fear and anxiety.

On Wednesday (Kourtney's birthday) I had my mri at 5:30 pm.

On Thursday I went to my doctor to find out the results. He didn't have them yet but said he would call me. I was convinced that they were going to tell me that I had MS. I talked to a nurse about an hour later on the phone and she told me the mri was "perfect." My mom was home with me and we cried and thanked God. I called Travis and he immediately started spreading the good news to our friends and family who had been praying.

I am still not sure what is going on. The numbness is gone from my lip. My arm and leg still feel a little weird. But I am thinking either a pinched nerve, anxiety, or something like that. I do know it is nothing serious!
This picture was taken on Thursday at the Falls when Kourtney and McKenna got to go to Build a Bear. I was living high with good news!

There is a lot more to this story from a spiritual persepective which I will share soon. I feel like I have been given a new outlook on life. I feel like I was really under a spiritual attack from the enemy. More to come on that. In the mean time, I need to share some birthday pictures from Kourtney's week!

9 comments:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

I have been checking everyday for you to blog about this. :) I have been so excited for you and sharing your news with friends. It is stress and you need a spa day :) and a weekend getaway with Trav that does not include any church business. I love you roomie!

Paige said...

OH Kelly...I'm so glad it is nothing serious. Had I known, I would've prayed really hard as well, but it appears as though you had a great support team of prayers through your church. I knew something had to be going on (although I didn't know if you were on another trip or not) since you hadn't blogged since Sunday...usually you blog a couple times a week, if not every day!!!

I am so glad to hear the good news and will pray that it stays that way.

:) Paige

Anonymous said...

Kelly. I can't thank JESUS enough that you are ok. We have been praying so so hard and heavy since I found out.
I an dlad you KIKKED THE DEVIL IN THE BUTT!!!!!
I try to do that everyday. I told Trav if you guys need anything that I might be able to help you with please call day or night.

We love you very much.

Ela

Anonymous said...

We serve an awesome
God..Prayer changes things..I am so thankful to our father for hearing our prayers please know that we love you all and thank you for receiving us with open arms and for your prayers as well you and your familia are impacting this world for the Lord in a mighty way no wonder the devil is mad nevertheless greater is he whom we serve than he thats of this world..be blessed your amigainchrist gricelda

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're up and about---praise God as always....

GBU

Victor

Unknown said...

I'm just going to AMEN Amy's comment!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, We are just so happy to hear the good news. We would check your blog daily, just to see if we could get some news. We have been praying for you and your family. God is so AWESOME and I know he is taking care of business. I CAN TESTIFY TO THAT! We love you
Mark and Tere

V-n-J said...

God is AWESOME!

Johnson said...

Thanks everyone! God is so good and I feel like I have been given a new life!

-Kelly