Saturday, October 04, 2008

Hello Kitty Cake

I got to make this cake after I found out the good news. It made the memory that much more special!
3 generations of hands!
1. Make a sheet cake
2. Round off cake to make it oval.
3. Use the cut off corners of cake for the ears. Just set them up higher on the head.
4. Frost the cake.
5. You can either fluff up the frosting to make it look like fur or do what I did, use a wilton tip make fur.
6. I used black licorice for whiskers, a jordan almond for the nose, and black icing for the eyes. The bow was made with pink frosting (just red mixed with white frosting) and pink glitter sprinkles found at walmart. Then I just dotted it with a frosting tip.

7 comments:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Oh my goodness that cake is precious! I love it. Happy birthday hugs to Kourt.

Paige said...

Happy Birthday Kourtney!!!!

You did a marvelous job on the cake - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ms. Kourtney.....

Love ya,

Ela

BrittanyWebb said...

Precious! This is exactly the kind of thing I look forward to!

Erin said...

That turned out so cute! I especially love the way you did her name in cupcakes.

Tracy said...

so super cute, you are so crafty!

Johnson said...

Thanks guys! I have decided cake decorating is my new hobby. :) I don't think I will buy another birthday cake from Publix! I'll be taking orders. $500 minimum ;)