Thursday, November 06, 2008

Year round flip flops

The first "fall/winter" that I lived in Miami I made fun of people whenever the temperature would drop. It would get down to like 65 and people would be pulling out leather coats and sweaters. For all of you up north you know that 65 is the temperature where you can finally dust off the shorts and flip flops. Well now that I have lived here for 6 years (wow, that is hard to believe) I have a different outlook on it. For me, 65 becomes the temperature at which I can comfortably wear something different than capris and tank tops. I can switch up my wardrobe even if only for a couple days (that is usually how long a string of nice days lasts). It's not so much about not being able to tolerate the cold as it is about wanting a change of wardrobe. Year round flip flops is still hard for me to swallow, but at least it's really cheap! My kids never have to get seasonal wardrobes. On the cooler days we just pull out the long sleeves and jeans.

We have had a good run of luck the last couple weeks with temperatures sometimes falling down to 60 at night. It has been so nice because usually I have such a hard time of getting into the fall/holiday spirit as I sweat while strapping kids in car seats and burn my hand on some metal contraption in the car. So I am actually feeling quite fallish these days. The Christmas music and decorations in Walmart didn't make me upset yesterday. I kinda liked it.

These are some pictures of the fire pit during the first cool snap this fall. I'm all about some smores...

No comments: