Thursday, November 13, 2008

This week in the Johnson house

Lately when McKenna gets corrected for something she has been making funny excuses that are really like NOT true. For instance... she will yell at Kourtney and I will say we don't yell. Then she will tell me she was just singing a song. So yesterday was the funniest one yet. She stuck her tongue out at Kourtney and I said we don't stick our tongue out, that is not nice. She said, "I was just giving my tongue some air." I laughed so hard I cried.Blake got bit on the ear by something last night and he looks like a boxer today. His ear is three times the size it should be. I showed my friend Erin because I remembered Caden having the same thing.

When we told Kourtney that the Hollifields were moving to Tennessee she was very sad. She cried and cuddled with her yellow blanket. Through her tears one of the first questions she asked was, "Will there be snow at Christmas where they live?" Ok, that made ME almost want to cry. Kids are resilient. We will miss the Hollifields very much but we will always love them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love to hear what's happening in your household. With 3 kids, there's bound to be endless adventures and laughs. Like I've been saying, McKenna is a very creative little girl in many ways. The excuses she's giving when she gets corrected is just another example. Poor Blake -I've never seen ANYTHING like that before. I'm glad you knew not to panic. And Kourtney - a very sentimental, loving girl at all times. And the question about snow! She is her Grammy's granddaughter! -Grammy

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Blake's ear!!!! Huge!

Hurt my heart about Kourtney missing the Hollifields. :( I hate the part of life of leaving and missing friends.

Johnson said...

I know, I cried with her. :(

Anonymous said...

Dang, it breaks my heart to see Blakes ear. At first I was like haha they put a fake funny ear on him then I was like "DANG". That ticks me off. NO pUn intended.