Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Check-Ups

Kourtney: 5 yrs old
Height: 3ft, 10 in (100th percetile)
Weight: 52 lbs (90th percentile)
They checked her vision, her reflexes, and looked for Tinkerbell in her ears. She had two shots, a finger prick, and had to pee in a cup. She did great with everything!! As the nurse was taking her blood she was chatting away. At shot time she was a little more nervous and scared, but did great. She cried after the shots and nursed it for a bit, but what kids wouldn't? When I was little I passed out at shots and blood! Dr. Dones said that she thinks Kourtney might be 5'9!!! Whoa!

Blake: 1 yr old
Length: 31.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 22.5 lbs, oz (50th percentile)
He had three shots, a finger prick, and gave Dr. Dones a urine sample. His ears have cleared up and everything looks perfect. He was acting crazy the whole time. Running around, laughing, climbing up the bench. It was a crazy appointment to do by myself! But I am super mom and I wouldn't have it any other way. I remember back in the day when I thought I needed Travis to come and we just had Kourtney! Now I can juggle 3 kids, shots, blood, and

McKenna
She didn't have a check up but she did want to show Dr. Dones her lip that she bit this week. She also wanted to show her how she could dance. After Kourtney and Blake had their shots and finger pricks and they were crying McKenna said, "Let's go, this was a bad idea." She makes me laugh all the time.

Here is the link to last year's appointment during the same month.

I have to brag on my pediatrician's office - Kingsbay Pediatrics (near the Falls). My appointment was at 1:30 and by 2:10 I was in the car pulling out of the office. That was with TWO kid's appointments with shots, blood work, and everything else. They are amazing and all the nurses are so sweet and good at what they do. I can always get same day sick appointments and they are so well organized that I rarely have to wait. They are so worth the drive to me! We just love Dr. Dones and all the other staff there! We have been going to them since Kourtney's birth and will never switch!

3 comments:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

McKenna is so funny!! I love it.

Anonymous said...

So glad they are healthy and thriving children! Thank the Lord! And then there's McKenna. What a girl! Grammy

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm from Ohio! I was born in Bellefontaine. This was the first fall in 14 years that I've been back there, so I was super excited. :)