Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Doctor Time

Kourtney and Blake both had check-ups today. By 7:45 all three kids were dressed, fed, and loaded in the car. I even showered and got to eat myself! I took them all by myself. I was so proud. They were angels while we were out. I am so blessed to have such great kids.

Kourtney (4 yr check up)
She is always close to the 100% in both her height and weight. They were 95-100 percentile today: 43 inches (3 ft, 7 in) and 44 pounds

They took her blood pressure, tested her vision, checked her spine, checked her reflexes, looked for Tinkerbell in her ears, and asked her about what she ate. She answered all of the questions and was very cooperative.

She got 3 shots and did great! She was so brave. She climbed up on the table and laid down. After the shots she cried for a minute. The first thing she said was, "I want my daddy!" But then she was fine! She was so sweet about it that I almost cried. I have never cried when any of my kids have gotten shots, but this time I did tear up. What a woos I am.

Dr. Dones said she is very smart for her age (I knew that) and very cooperative (I knew that too).

Blake (2 week check up)
He is eating like a champ. He gained almost a whole pound in two weeks and grew a whole inch!

Weight today: 9lbs, 13 oz (Birth weight: 8lbs, 14 oz)
Length today: 23 inches (Birth length: 22 inches)

This scares me a little. We may not be able to keep him in clothes or shoes!!!

They did another heel prick to get 5 BIG drops of blood. Poor guy.

McKenna
Well, McKenna didn't have an appointment, but she went along. After Kourtney was weighed and measured she announced to the nurse, "My turn!"

After Kourtney's shots (when she was still crying on the table) McKenna was hugging her legs asking her if she was okay. When Kourtney came down they hugged for a while - melted my heart! McKenna kept asking Kourtney if she was okay.

When the doctor asked her what she was for Halloween she said, "I'm Kenna!"

Right now her and Kourtney are re-enacting the whole appointment.
One of McKenna's many faces

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are precious! Kourtney is such a big girl.

Anonymous said...

They are ALL groing so fast. The girls are just so funny.
What a blessing. :)
Can't wait to meet Blake.