Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday CHICK-kabob

This is actually more of a weekend wrap up. Friday we picked Kourtney up from school at noon and headed to Dolphin mall. Jesse and Reina were there too and the kids got to play together in the play area. Blake and Diego took over the turtle
Saturday morning I made pancakes. Mmmm... My friend Jenny said she made banana pancakes. I have never made that before but it sounds yummy and we always have bananas on hand!
We love Jon and Kate plus 8. Kourtney actually comes and asks to watch it. So when she saw the sextuplets try to ride their bikes without training wheels she thought she should try too. This is the result... poor dad bit it really bad once. So bad that as I ran up to him belly down in Erin's driveway I thought we might be getting stitches or dental repair. Luckily it wasn't that bad. The most unfortunate part is that I was recording the whole thing right up until the big crash. Travis is very thankful for that.
Here is a video of our time out there. I cut out right before Travis bit the ground.

Sunday morning. Woohoo! We had a great day with 4 first time two year olds in the 11am service. Lisette, Laura, and Annie (all directors) were all out and things still worked like a well oil machine. That is when you know you have awesome servants of God! I continue to enjoy teaching the 2's about how God made everything. We play simon says every week and sing "He's got the whole world in his hands."After church we headed to Chillis to begin our week long celebration of Blake's first birthday! He turns one on Tuesday! Saturday is when we will be doing the actual birthday cake and opening presents with the family. From Kourtney's first birthday the guest list has always been Nana, Papa, Uncle Phil, Aunt Marcela, and Tammy. I think it is nice to be small and intimate for the first birthday. Because before you know it they are begging to go to Chuck E Cheese! It was the family plus our adopted family... Tammy (and I guess Chris is working on "uncle" status) :)We went the whole nine yards and the staff even came out and sang. Why not?!?!? It's a free song! I wish I would have had a video of Blake. He was mezmorized. We are over at Anne and JT's house. My furry nephew, Max, is here too. He is the latest addition to the Johnson family!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think I found a dent in the pavers this morning. :)

Johnson said...

Uh oh, please don't charge us! I already owe you for babysitting!