Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday CHICK-kabob - on Monday!

- Whew, what a weekend. Saturday we went down to the keys to have a work day at the new church property. It's always fun to clean out things!
- Sunday morning Travis and I made a stop by the theater before heading down to do the Sunday morning service in the keys.
- I made sure my 2 yr old area was set up and then we jetted out around 8:25. Annie made sure my area was clicking with me gone.
- My kids had a good time being in an actual church building. I almost forgot what that was like! I took them back into the nursery area while Travis spoke. There was no point in distracting everyone in there.
- Kourtney was very cute about the whole thing. When we told her where we were going her 2nd question (after asking what about my friends) was what about the lesson. So I went prepared. We talked about how God created the whole world. I had a coloring page that I had been using for the 2 yr olds. She is always eager to learn. I love it.
- We also made a bracelet for each of the girls with beads that were there.
- After service we had a lunch with everyone there. Chris, Ritz, Alex, and Gio were also there. It was good food and good fun.
- Back to Homestead. Travis dropped us off at home and headed to the membership luncheon.
- I have not been good with the camera lately. I will try to make up for that this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly just wanted to know how you are and if the sensation to your arm and leg are all better.

Love and praying,

Ela

Anonymous said...

YES we had a fun time at our fresh new campus in the Keys. Travis's message was relevant, the food was delicious, and I finally got to hang out with Blake Matthew before his first birthday. I especially enjoyed nearly catching him about 5 times when I thought that he was going to walk right off of the stage only to suddenly drop to his knees and crawl off instead.

Anonymous said...

I love how you neglected to mention that your kids love beating up on me. I just thank God Blake didn't get a hold of one of my drumsticks while he was beating on my face. x]

~Ritz