Monday, July 07, 2008

Reasons to cry?

Okay so I didn't really cry, but I would like a do-over on today.
My wonderful husband picked up this gallon of milk for me at a gas station for a mere $6.59 and I had just mopped my floors last night.
The girls were helping me dust today and windex spiled down into the tv screen and created this lovely water spot in my tv (bottom left). The service center said it would be $90 for a tech to come look at it, $300 if the screen could just be cleaned, and an additional $160 if it actually needed a new screen. And for that price, I will watch tv with a spot on it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard the expression, "Don't cry over spilled milk"? You had a couple of those incidents today, huh? As your Dad says, "Let it go!" At least the water spots are at the bottom of the screen and not right in the middle. ~Grammy

Anonymous said...

...and I might add, thank goodness the milk was on the tile and not the carpet. Still, a girl feels like crying.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get over the $6.59 for milk. For the price to take care of the TV, you can buy a new one. I watch TV with the spot, as long as it doesn't bother you...what the heck.

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Do yall have any friends that have a better price or know a cheaper way to fix the tv?

I'm sorry your day was yucky.

Paige said...

$6.59 for milk?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Why on earth is it so expensive down there? And with 3 kids, you must go through milk a lot!
Sorry to hear about your tv...but at least it's on the bottom....

Anonymous said...

Good news... the tv water spot is slowly drying out. You can still see some distortion and a little spot, but nothing like it was.

Paige - the milk was so expensive because it was a gas station. The cost in Walmart right now I think is a little over $4.00