Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of school

My baby starts K4 tomorrow. It is a sad and exciting time. Until now we have all been home together all day and do whatever we want. Thank goodness I am being eased into this with a half day. Travis will take her to school and I will pick her up at noon every day. I can't believe this day is here. Kourtney is so ready for it. Thanks to Tropical Storm Fay schools here were closed Monday and Tuesday which gave me a chance to have one more full day with all the kids (do I sound like a sap? well I am). We got caught in a down pour leaving the store. It was actually comical. By the time we got to the car we were soaked to the bone. My jeans were wet from my ankles to my pockets. Kourtney laughed the whole time, McKenna cried, and Blake looked confused. Kourtney asked if we could do it again the next time it rained. She is gonna do great at school.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in school tomorrow, Kourtney.

Kelly, everything will be OK. :P

Aunt Marcela

Johnson said...

Thanks Auntie Marcela. I think next year will be the really hard one. I don't want to think about it yet though...

-Kelly

Erin said...

We are in TN now, and I've been out of the loop all weekend and hadn't been keeping tabs on Fay. I figured you'd call if she blew the house down. :) Glad you got a couple of extra days with Kourtney!

Johnson said...

I went to Walmart on Monday night around 8pm! It wasn't bad at all. Although Publix and Panda Express were both closed when we pulled into town. Thank goodness for Walmart!

-Kelly

Anonymous said...

When the girls were in Louisiana (and it was so rainy) I told them we might go out and play in the rain when it wasn't thundering, but it was always stormy. I knew Kourtney would like it, because when she was about 2 we got caught in the rain coming out of the supermarket, and she laughed and held herself in the shopping cart so she could be rained on even more. I laugh every time I think about that memory we shared! Grammy