Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday CHICK-kabob

- I was so excited today when I walked in to the "Jungle" and there were new lights! Flagship Cinemas fixed the florescent lights in our pier and what a difference it makes! Just look at this bright picture! Little things make me so happy.
- Unfortunately Jennifer, my first service teacher, was sick - I hope you feel better soon, Jennifer! So I worked both services today.
- 9 am service we had 8 two-yr olds and 10:30 am service we had 13 two-yr olds. So awesome! The 3-4 yr old class had 19 kids in the 10:30 service!
- We continued our "lessons" about Noah. I am not sure you can actually claim it is a lesson though! At this age, most of the kids do not talk very much. I try to get the ones that do talk to repeat a small phrase. Today it was "animals two by two."
- I love my class! I am definitely going to get some back muscles working in there. I spend most of my morning in the bent over position... bent over cleaning up gold fish, wiping up spills, picking up toys, lifting kids, changing diapers. It is quite a work out!
- I felt a little sad today that when I walked in to my room at 8:25 I didn't walk out (except to change a diaper) until about 12:20. So I didn't really get to see anyone today. But that is okay. I used to NEVER get to sit in service! I am so thankful for the two services so that I can serve in one and sit in one! It is so fulfilling. - I had a gormet meal of sandwhiches, chips, and apples with the kids today. - Blake sat in a chair and had some of his lunch that way. What a big boy. Here is a video of it.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blake acts just too big for his britches! It seems like he grew up overnight. Grammy