Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Family Heirloom

My Uncle Joe (my mom's brother) had this cradle made for me 30 years ago! I slept in it, my brother Kevin slept in it, and my 2nd cousin Valerie slept in it. All three of my kids have slept in this cradle and this is the first picture I have of even ONE of them in it! Which is hard to believe since I am such a sentimental person. I guess the first few months when they are actually sleeping in it are just so foggy. Of course Blake does NOT sleep in this anymore (and hasn't since Christmas), but it is still in our room and I figured I better at least get one picture of him in it before we move it. Right now it serves as a good diaper, wipes, blanket, and extra pj's holder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,take a picture of the girls around the cradle lovingly looking at Blake still preserving the memory and capturing a tender moment and maintaining the sentimental in you. They will see it when they are older and you can still say they all slept in the heirloom.

B.A.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Please let Kourtney get in the cradle and snap a picture, then let McKenna get in and snap a picture. Then they will all have a with them in the cradle... there's just a slight delay with the girls photo! :) Grammmy

Anonymous said...

Of course, when I finally get my comment to publish, I have typos in my response. Isn't that the way it goes? I'm so computer illiterate. I have tried a dozen times to leave a comment, and can't figure it out... until I don't proofread what I've typed - then it goes through! Go figure!Grammy

Anonymous said...

Anything for you mom!