Saturday, June 02, 2007

Genius kids

Kourtney read her first word yesterday. We had a book we were reading for nap time. There was a big word printed on the front of the children's book. It said "BIBLE." Kourtney started pointing to the letters and spelled it out. I said, do you know what that says. She spelled it again. Then started sounding it out. Then she told me BIBLE! I was shocked! So today we told Travis and he decided to quiz her. He typed BABY on his computer. She spelled it, sounded it out, and read it! It took a little more coaching this morning (but not giving her the answer), but she is a GENIUS! She's only 3 1/2. I can brag right? Too bad, I am.

McKenna hides her talents. For the longest she wouldn't count. Once she started counting, she took off. She can almost get to 20 now and she's not 2 yet. Just like she wouldn't walk until she was 14 months and she ran the same night she walked.

So I know the boy will be just as smart. In fact, he is getting there already...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to brag...they are very smart. That cartoon is hilarious..I guess every mother feels that way.