Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Kourtney, October 1st

Three years ago I anxiously awaited the birth of my first daughter. I imagined how she would look, smell, and act. In my mind I could see her at tea parties, lining her dolls up and primping in the mirror. Today, she does all of those things... along with playing with race cars, bob the builder, and crashing blocks. She is a well rounded 3 year old.

At three years old she is pretty good and picking out her letters, can spell her name, count to twenty and is very well spoken. She has memorized the "Going To Bed Book" and we ask her to read it to us all the time. She LOVES to read and color. She likes anything Disney Princess. She especially loves Cinderella and has seen the movie more times than I can count. She likes to act it out all the time too. She says, you be Prince Charming and I will be Cinderella.


She is a great big sister, always looking out for McKenna and playing with her. If we are going somewhere and for some reason she thinks we might leave her sister she says, "what about McKenna?" She has become a wonderful helper. She does little errands for me all day and loves to help with chores. She can use the dust buster, help me unload dishes, undress her sister, take things to rooms, put laundry in the washer, and anything else I ask her.


She can pray and prays for her family and friends every night. She lays hands on our head and says, "Lord bless mommy, Amen." She is turning in to quite a little lady. She is such a blessing in our lives!

1 comment:

me said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY KOURTNEY!! I hope it was a great one. Here's to another great year, Mom! :)